Saturday, June 4, 2016

June 1, 2016 - And so the adventure begins...


Hello from the MTC in Provo, Utah! For those of you who don't know, the MTC is my new home for the next 9 weeks where I will be learning Japanese and how to teach the gospel.

Let me tell you, they do not waste time. I entered the MTC, got my giant bag of books (it literally weighs like 20 lbs) and dropped my stuff off in my room. Within an hour of entering the MTC I was in a classroom and they only spoke Japanese! For the following 2 hours or so I was so confused but by the end I could pick out some words which is great! My companion is Sister Hill (Hill Shimai) who is amazing! Neither of us know much Japanese, but we have plans to learn so much in the next few weeks.


There isn't nearly enough time for me to tell you everything that has happened today. It feels like a week has already passed, but its only been a day.

My P-day is Wednesdays, so look forward to another email next week, hopefully longer than this one. I only have 10 min today!

No comments:

Post a Comment