Monday, September 19, 2016

How many times can I say crazy in 1 email?

Hola!

Sister Pourre told me something funny
It has been a crazy week, and we tried lots of new foods,so be prepared for pictures! Haha :)

So, firstly, I forgot to write about Carina last week. Carina and her husband, Leonardo, came to church 2 weeks ago, it was a complete surprise miracle. Leonardo is less active and he just called the Elders one day to find out where the church was and that Sunday he and his family came. Carina isn't a member, but we set up an appointment to do Family Home Evening with them that Friday with the Elders. It ended up being super fun! They made us a ton of food (including steaks which were super good and Mac and cheese) and we were able to talk and have a good time. Then we taught about temples and Leonardo started testifying about temples and how he wants to go with his family. It was so good! We actually finished the lesson at 9:48 and if you remember from my schedule last week, we have to be home by 10:00 if we are teaching a lesson. So basically, all 4 of us had to bike super fast to get home on time. We made it across town in 12 min, it was super impressive ^^

As for this week, we had a lot of crazy lessons.

Sometimes I get cold during study time
This was the week of the cute, crazy children. We were able to teach Maria Gushi this week and she has 2 daughters and a newborn son. Her eldest daughter does the craziest dance every time we come and it is so hard to stay focused. Her younger daughter loves my clothes and she gives me the biggest hugs, it is so cute. Anyways, her children are so high energy, but we do our best to bring the Spirit to our lessons and help her stay focused as well. She is so sweet and she is always willing to talk and read. It's actually pretty funny, she is Peruvian, but she speaks Portuguese because her husband is Portuguese, so I was really confused about which language I should speak. She was reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish, then speaking a mix of Spanish and Portuguese, and Sister Pourre was speaking Portuguese. Ah it was crazy, I ended up speaking a mix of both because I was so confused.
Our rain gear

Then we also visited Dalva. The first time, her daughter, Julia, was running around and saying the colors of different things and it was so cute. It was hard to teach though. The second time though, her daughter was asleep and we were able to teach the Plan of Salvation. She said it is all so new and she doesn't know if it's true yet, but she feels good and that is so perfect! That is the Spirit! She said the most beautiful prayer asking to know if this is the path she should be going on. We are so excited to visit her again this week!

Keisy
Then on Wednesday, we took a train to Hanyu (45 min train ride away) to visit Keisy and teach her the Restoration. She knows a lot about the Bible, so she had some interesting questions, but it was so nice to be able to understand her Spanish and be able to help her answer her questions. She is so sweet and we hope to visit her again soon as well! For now, we teach her over Facebook since going to Hanyu and coming back takes a lot of time.

That same day though, we had a really special experience. Luiz's son has been pretty sick for the last week or so and so earlier this week we asked if he would like the Elders to come give Ikel, his son, a blessing. He said yes, so Wednesday evening the Elders and us went and visited their family. The blessing was so beautiful and seeing the faith of Luiz and Lillian was amazing. They are such a strong family. This was also a testimony builder for me. The priesthood is such a special power, it is power from God and I know that it is a blessing in my life and in the lives of those around me. Ikel is doing much better now and I am so glad that I was able to participate in that special experience with this sweet family.

We had some pretty amazing miracles this week as well.

1. Daiane. We found her last week and we're finally able to visit her this week and it was amazing! She understood everything and really felt that it was right. Then when we started to explain the Book of Mormon she just looked at it and said "Another Testament of Jesus Christ? Yeah that makes sense" She totally understood it, even before we explained how the Book of Mormon and the Bible work together to testify of Christ. It was so amazing, she is so prepared! 2. Sofia. Last night we visited Sofia and it was so special! When we rang the doorbell she opened the door then ran and grabbed her Book of Mormon to show us a scripture she liked. She is so excited to learn more and it makes me excited to teach when I see people like Sofia who have such a strong desire.

Honda Shimai and me
Yeah, so this week was crazy good. So many miracles and spiritual experiences. Like I said, it was also a week of food.

First up, Zone meeting. We had Zone meeting this week and afterwards all of the Sisters (including a new missionary straight from the MTC) went to get Indo Curry and it was so good. Oh my goodness...this was one of the many things the MTC teachers raved about and it lived up to its expectations. It was so fun to get to talk to the other Sisters too and just have a good time. As always, Honda Shimai and I had a blast :)

This week I also tried Japanese Cheese Mochi, basically mochi filled with a little bit of cream cheese. It was super good, but I forgot to take a picture! I'm sorry! Also, since it's almost Halloween, Fanta came out with a Blood Orange flavor and it's really good. I forgot to take a picture so I was going to take one at the grocery store today, but they didn't have it! So here is a picture of the label

See the frog on the window ledge
Then on Sunday, Elder Miller made the ward brownies! When he went to his old area, Abiko, last week, he got a bunch of American brownie mixes and he shared! It was so good and everyone was really happy. Haha, it was a little taste of home for me, so that was nice.

Other crazy stories:

Early in the week, we stopped by Adriana's house and she was washing her car, so what did we do? We started to help her! Haha, it was so fun to help her wash and dry her car. It reminded me of washing my mom's car, because my mom loves washing the car. She says it's relaxing. I love you mom!
More Frogs

We also started finding frogs everywhere. I don't know where they came from! We were at 7/11 this week and they were just all over the window. It was crazy, but so fun. The Elders have some funny pictures where the held the frogs and everything. Sister Pourre wanted me to hold some of the frogs, but I didn't. ^^

So yeah, I don't know how many times I've said it, but it really was a crazy week. I love writing these emails every week because it helps to remind me of all the miracles I've seen here in Oizumi. I love you all, thank you for your emails!

Have a great week!

ブラクラ姉妹
Black Shimai
Blood orange Fanta
Mochi Ice Cream




No comments:

Post a Comment