Monday, March 20, 2017

Baptism, Bap-baptism

Konnichiwa!

Let me explain the title. There is this funny rap that two missionaries made in the mission and at one point they are just saying "Baptism bap-baptism" over and over and it's so funny. However, it was so true for this week! I saw 4 baptisms on Sunday. It was crazy!

The first three baptisms were for three 8 year olds in the Matsudo Ward. All three of them were so cute and so prepared to be baptized. One of them, Hina-chan, was someone I met my 2nd day here and she loves the missionaries so much. She gave the cutest testimony and it just made my day.

Aoi-chan's baptism
The last baptism was something so so special for me because Aoi-chan (my investigator from Urayasu) was baptized. Sister Nicholes and I had permission to leave church early to go to Urayasu and be a part of the baptism. The moment I got to the Urayasu church Sister Atkinson ran up to me and attacked me with a hug. Haha, I love her too. Then I basically did the same thing to Aoi ^^ I hug attacked her. I was just so excited to see her! She was so beautiful in white and she was so prepared for baptism. We took so many pictures with her and I just couldn't stop smiling.

I was so lucky to be in Urayasu with Sister Chinain when President Nagano first called us saying he had a referral for us. I had the chance to teach Aoi with 3 different companions and to see her progress almost right up until her baptism. She was so willing to change because she knew that this was the truth and that it would bring her so much happiness. She has such a strong testimony.

This was such a special baptismal service because her friend Elder Sasaki (the one who first taught her and then referred her to us and who is currently serving in Utah) Skyped in for the whole thing and he even gave a really beautiful talk. It was so special!

After the service, when Aoi had the chance to bear her testimony, I could not keep the tears in. She was so ready for the gospel. She knows that baptism isn't the end and she is so excited to have the chance to continue learning and coming closer to Christ. She is amazing and I love her so much! She has grown so much since I first met her and I know that she will continue to grow. It was such a special opportunity for me to be able to go and see her baptism too. For the rest of the night, I just couldn't stop telling Sister Nicholes "Aoi got baptized today! That actually happened!"
I don't really know what would have happened if I hadn't decided to serve a mission. But I know that Heavenly Father had a plan for me and I'm so glad that he has led me every step of the way. Aoi has forever changed my life and I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to be a part of her life for just a few months.

I really can't express everything that I felt yesterday at the baptismal service. There just aren't enough words in Japanese or English. I can say though that I know that I have found one of my eternal friends.

Sunday really was the highlight of my week. It overshadows everything else because it was just so bright and full of light. I had the chance to talk to some of the Urayasu members and give lots of them hugs and I just miss that ward so much. They really became a home to me. I love Matsudo though too!

On the way back from Abiko
there was no one on the platform.
We waited 10 minutes and then
checked the schedule again and
found out the train was coming in
another hour.  We hurried over to
theexpress train.
This week we spent a whole day in Abiko (the neighboring area) because they don't have any Sisters and a member asked us to come visit some Less Actives with her. It was really fun and she was so prepared! She had set up appointments and prepared materials and everything, so it ended up being really productive. It was such a fun day because we didn't have to worry about anything except bringing the Spirit and helping to find these Sisters' needs.

The next day we had exchanges with the Mito Sisters and I got to be with Sister Akers. I met her a few weeks ago when I was at follow-up training with Sister Atkinson because Sister Akers is also a trainee. We had so much fun together. Ah! She is so smart and fun. It reminded me of how fun it was to train Sister Atkinson. Then I got to see Sister Atkinson again on Sunday and that was even more fun! She has grown so much and it's only been 3 weeks. On a side note, she told me I looked more mature too and I just don't know where that came from...I've barely been gone. Haha!

Manhole covers in Matsudo have a pattern
At District Meeting this week we talked about Facebook and Line some more and after some other things that happened this week I realized some things. This mission is very blessed to be given so many tools to dendo with, and I think Heavenly Father really trusts us with these tools because he knows that we will use these tools effectively while still following the rules. We have had a huge focus on consecrated obedience since I got here and I am grateful for that focus. I have a personal goal to make sure that my mission is 1.5 years completely given to the Lord. I don't want to spoil that sacrifice by breaking rules to do things that seem fun. I didn't come on a mission to go to a foreign country and just have fun and do what I wanted to. I came because Heavenly Father asked me to and I knew that by coming I could help people find joy and happiness. Being obedient is a huge part of that sacrifice and when Heavenly Father sees that we are being obedient, he wants to bless us. The missionaries in the Tokyo Japan Mission are amazing examples to me of obedience. The missionaries here are always focused on the work and how to help the people in their areas. It is amazing and I am so proud to be a missionary in this mission.

I'll just finish up with a few random things. :)

We met with the new Bishop this past week and originally it was just supposed to be him and the missionaries, but it turned into the Dendo team and his counselors too. We got a lot done and I really feel like this ward is getting on board with the Mission School. That's so great! Once the ward is on board, it will really get going and then it will be amazing. I can see so much potential here!

We made kanji for tree (ki=木)
Today we helped a member with a St. Patrick's Day activity. It was kind of funny because I don't own much green so everyone is wearing bright green and all I have is this pastel green shirt and my bird skirt. Hehe :) I didn't get pinched though! I also didn't realize that March is already 2/3 of the way done. Sister Nicholes only has 3 more P-days!!!!! WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?! I'm not ready for her to leave yet! We have a plan though, I'm going to sew a doll that looks just like her and it's going to fool President Nagano so he will send the doll home instead of Sister Nicholes. Perfect. Foolproof.

I just want you all to know that I really appreciate your love and support. I can feel your prayers helping me throughout the day. Thank you so much!!!

ブラクラ姉妹
Black Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment