Monday, May 1, 2017

Blessed with the Best (companions)

Ah we are already done with half of the transfer!!! It goes faster and faster every week! AND IT IS MAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT!!!!!!!! I am 30 days away from no longer being in my teens. That's weird.

This week was amazing because we had Zone Conference and Interviews, which are both the best.
Zone Conference
Before each Zone Conference, we are given homework to help us prepare to receive revelation through the Holy Ghost. This time we were asked to watch a video from a previous missionary who saw lots of miracles. He also taught at the MTC. In this video, he teaches about how to find and teach effectively, but it is all in Japanese. I remember watching this video at my first or second Zone Meeting back when I first got to the mission. I needed translation, I could not understand a word he was saying. This time I was extremely surprised to find that I could understand everything that he was saying and it was actually pretty easy Japanese. It's amazing how little things like that just show how much I've grown over the past year (AHH I've almost been a missionary for a whole year!)
Zone Conference

It was a tender mercy though because I've been struggling a little bit recently with feeling like my language learning has plateaued despite having a companion who speaks mostly Japanese. We talked about it and she really helped me. While my understanding of grammar is really good, I just don't know enough words, so I've started to focus on learning more words and it has already helped immensely! We are also SYL-ing (speak your language) more and she always corrects me! I'm so blessed to have Sister Shim as my companion! I love her!

At Zone Conference, I also learned a lot. We had the chance to do mogis with the sisters and it was just amazing. There is such power when we teach with the Spirit. I also got to play the investigator in some of the mogis and it was amazing to watch these sisters practice their skills. I love working with the missionaries in this zone. We also really focused on Christlike Attributes which I loved. Sister Shim recently told me about an activity she did where she studied the Christlike Attributes and looked back at her companions and wrote each of their names next to a Christlike Attribute that they really exemplified. I decided to do this too and I realized even more that I have truly been blessed with amazing companions. They each have taught me about different things.

From Sister Pourre I learned about true faith, Sister Chinain taught me about diligence right until the end, Sister Bede was virtuous in every thought and action (she always had such focus), Sister Atkinson was the ultimate example of hope, Sister Nicholes encouraged me to seek knowledge especially through studying the scriptures, Sister Barton taught me about the importance of obedience, and Sister Hill is the most patient person I have ever met.

Dinner with Inoue family
I truly have been blessed with the best companions. Heavenly Father knew what I needed to learn from each of them. And now I have Sister Shim who is even more amazing!

This week we also had exchanges with the Kamagaya Sisters and I had the chance to work with Sister Keiser. We went to visit a college with one of our Mission School students named July, and it was so fun! She introduced us to some of her friends and showed us around a bit. It was truly a miracle! Mission School brings miracles!

Zone P-day
Speaking of Mission School, so many members came this week! 2 families came to Kodomo Eikaiwa (Kid's English Class) and it was so fun! They want to come back again! Members really make such a difference. They help bring the Spirit and light of Christ into the class. While we don't teach doctrine at Eikaiwa (it's just a service opportunity), we can share the light and example of Jesus Christ through our own actions. Members really help with that.

These were just a few of the big miracles we saw this week. I was pretty sick for most of the week, but don't worry! I'm better now! And we went to Costco again and bought a cheese cake (the cheesecakes in Japan are soooooo good). Yay Japan! I love it here and I hope I get to stay forever!

Yay! Love you all and I hope you all have a great week!

ブラック姉妹
Black Shimai

There are lots of fish made for Children's Day.  The big black and red ones represent mom and dad and the small ones represent the children

No comments:

Post a Comment