Monday, October 16, 2017

My Heart Will Forever be in Matsudo

Ushiku Transfer 11 Week 3

Konnichiwa!

This week we did a lot in Matsudo and I realized that a piece of my heart will always be there. I already feel it breaking every time I go back because I know that eventually I won't get to go there 3 times every 6 weeks. I guess that is what happens when you stay in a zone for half of your mission, it becomes a part of you.

Matsudo Zone
On Tuesday we went to Matsudo for Zone Conference and it was amazing! There was one training/mogi where we were talking about asking "Questions from Heaven" aka asking questions through the Spirit. In our companionship we had one person who was the investigator and the other missionary was the missionary and they had to really seek the Spirit to ask questions from heaven. The interesting thing was, when I did it I really felt the Spirit guide me as to when I should be quiet, when I should ask a question, and when I should testify and it was so powerful! We were doing it in English too, so I was able to use the exact words that I wanted.

A young woman drew this picture of me
On Wednesday, we were back in Matsudo for Exchanges!!!! I was with Sister Zundel and we had a blast! We went to Matsudo Eki and did a kubarikai (handing out flyers) and it was just so much fun! We were singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and just being super genki and I loved it! I've never done a kubarikai on my mission (wow Sister Black, Transfer 11 and you've never done a normal kubarikai? Haha yeah, too many Free English Challenges) but it was really fun and I want to do some here in Ushiku!

Then came the part that broke my heart. We went to go teach Eikaiwa and I got to surprise all the students! Even students who I hadn't talked too much were excited to see me and it just warmed my heart. One of my favorite students Kimiko, somehow found out that I was coming and brought more of her amazing smoked duck! Then a huge miracle happened! A Less Active Young Woman who I worked with a bunch when I first came to Matsudo decided to come to Eikaiwa for the first time in about 4 months that Wednesday! She kept saying "It's a miracle that I came today and got to see you!"

At the end of class she found out that this was my last transfer and that I probably wouldn't be able to see her again and she started crying so hard and she wouldn't let go of me for 30 minutes. I'm going to miss her so much! And then I had to say goodbye to Ayako-san one of my favorite investigators/Mission School students and it was the hardest thing. I love them both so so so much. I started crying too. AHHHH MY HEART!!!!!!!!

We also saw some cool miracles in Ushiku!

On Friday we messaged the Relief Society President to see if she would go with us to visit an older Less Active. Later that night, we were near her house so we stopped by to share a quick message and say hello and she told us that she was just about to message us saying that she couldn't go but since she saw us in person she just couldn't say no. That was a miracle! The next day we went together and it was great! She loved it so so so much! She was so excited afterwards and even though we had planned to only visit the one person, she asked if there was anyone else so we went to visit another Less Active.

We later found out that she actually messaged the whole Ward Council to tell them about her experience and how much fun it is to go out with the missionaries and since then we have had 2 other members come up to us asking us to go visit Less Actives with them. It's amazing!!!! I'm so glad that we were able to make it a good experience for her :)
Part of the Portuguese church group

Saturday night were our magical splits! Last week we found a new investigator and the only time he could meet was 7:00pm on Saturday...the same time as Mission School. So we set up some splits. Originally I was going to go teach him, but at Zone Conference I received a prompting to ask Sister Savage if she would ask Heavenly Father if she should go. A few days later she felt prompted that she needed to go, so she prepared and practiced and went with the member to visit him and it was amazing! They caught him just as he was running inside to grab his bags so he had a few minutes to talk. He felt bad for not reading the chapters we asked him too, but he said he would and that we could come back again next week! Afterwards Sister Savage and the member (the amazing Kawasaki Shimai) talked for a while and set up times not only to go visit the investigator, but also to go visit a bunch of Less Actives in a car! MEMBER MISSIONARY WORK WHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

I also had some amazing splits. I stayed at Mission School and had the chance to really bond with a Young Woman that is pretty quiet so that was great! I loved talking with her and helping her with her English. I just love Mission School and Youth! I LOVE MISSIONARY WORK!!!!!!!!!!
Sisters of Matsudo Zone

To round out a pretty amazing week, today we went bowling for Zone P-day. I love the Sisters in this Zone so so so much! I loved having the chance to talk with them and bond with them. I look forward to each opportunity that we have to see each other. I really love this Mission and all the amazing missionaries in it. I feel so blessed to work with such talented and humble and hard-working missionaries. I love the Matsudo Zone so much. I really feel blessed to have been in this zone for 9 months.

I truly know that Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us. He knows exactly what we need. I didn't know that I needed to be in this Zone for this long, but I can see how this Zone and these people have influenced me and I can see a bit of how I influenced them. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father loves me and cares for me enough to create a plan for my growth. He knows what I can do to help others and he knows who I need to interact with to grow myself. I love my Heavenly Father and I am so glad that I have the chance to share this love with all these people in Japan.

I hope you all have an amazing week! Love you all!

Love,

ブラック姉妹
Black Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment